Kevoy Community Development Institute (KCDI)Jamaica is a registered NGO with the Companies of Jamaica since 2009.
It is committed to the empowerment of urban and rural Caribbean people in the areas underpinned by our four pillars: Environmental Security, Climate Change, Food Security and the Rights of the Child.
The organization's Farm Management training programme is endorsed by the Government of Jamaica Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries and the Rural Agricultural Development Authority (RADA). KCDI Jamaica is a United-Nations-accredited institution with Special Consultative status with the Economic and Social Council (ECOSCO). It is also the first NGO of its kind in the English-speaking Caribbean to address the Caribbean's electronic waste (e-waste) challenges.
KCDI Jamaica regards Caribbean food security, food sovereignty and nutrition for national and regional development as high priorities. In its efforts to address these areas, the regional Farm Management and Community Development Training programmes
were developed. The success of KCDI Jamaica stems from the sound expertise it is able to draw on when executing projects and programmes. The team of associates and consultants possess:
- Strong practical experience backed by intimate familiarity with evolving development concepts, theories and up-to-date industry knowledge
- In-depth understanding of the program dynamics of community-based development and program management requirements of various Caribbean governments, the private sector, and NGOs.
- Strong background and skills in the areas like project management, policy analysis, sector analysis, program based study/research, evaluation, and situation analysis techniques.
- Long-term practical experiences in the management, monitoring, and supervision of development
KCDI Jamaica is vested in the long-term development of the Caribbean. It has established key partnerships with several stakeholder groups and has affiliations and memberships in several regional and international organizations.
- People Action for Community Transformation (PACT)
- Department of Correctional Services Probation Offices (DCS)
- HEART Trust/NTA
- Police Community Safety and Security Unit
- Social Development Commission (SDC), Jamaica
- Jamaica Agricultural Society (JAS)
- Rural Agricultural Development Authority (RADA)
- Jamaica Ministry of Education (Independent Schools Unit) Jamaica
- YWCA Spanish Town, Jamaica
Affiliations and Memberships
- United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) with Special Consultative Status
- United Nations University STEP Initiative
- United Nations GEF-Civil Society Organization Network
- Partnership for Action on Computer Equipment (PACE)
- Caribbean Farmers Network ( CaFAN)
- Caribbean Policy Development Center (CPDC)
- Basel Convention Regional Center for the Caribbean
- The NGO Caribbean Development Foundation